Siren, our baby rescue from September is now a 5lb 4 month old, and rambunctous. Saturday she wasn't active, and not eating much. We'd been monitoring her eye as the ulcer had grown again. She wound up having to go to the emergency vet because she was in so much pain, and it was not the kind of thing that could wait until Monday. The vet wanted to take it out that night, but agreed with us that w/ meds she could last until Monday, at which time we could also have her spayed (emerg vet not equipped), and to come back if the eye ruptured. So she had the surgery Monday, stayed until today, Wednesday, and cost us a grand total of $741, and that's with a 25% discount from our vet, and not getting charged for the office visit at the emergency vet. He knows we take in rescues and currently have two kittens, both with eye issues. I took my part time job to pay for the wedding, but I swear it's really paying for the cats!!! $&*@$&@*($@& KITTENS!
January 18th, 2007 at 12:06 am